Accepted / Not Accepted Items
ACCEPTED ITEMS (Items will be inspected at Drop Off)
SPRING/SUMMER SALE IN MAY - Spring & Summer Items Only-we still will take Long Sleeves/Pants. (NOT turtleneck shirts, velour, velvet, corduroy, winter hats-gloves-coats-boots, heavy sweaters, winter/fall holiday images - save those items for the Fall/Winter Sale)
FALL/WINTER SALE IN OCTOBER - Fall & Winter Items Only-we will still take Short Sleeves and Capri Pants. (NOT shorts, swim suits, swim shoes, sandals, flip flops, summer/spring items - save those for the Spring/Summer Sale).
BRAND NAMES - Accepting all brand names, designer name brands sell the best!
NUMBER OF ITEMS - Minimum is 25 - Maxium 500 for New Consignors.
(Expect: SHOE LIMIT- 15 pair for boys & 15 pair for girls - MUST LOOK LIKE NEW!).
Starting in 2016, NEW Consignors will be limited to 500 items and PAST Consignors must have on their last Seller Report a 70% or higher of items SOLD in order to sell over up to 1,000 items.
(1,000+ Items for Past Consignors w/ 70% or higher sell thru rates still requires KID MANIA APPROVAL)
INSPECTION - Items are inspected at drop-off. If you have more than 10 items not accepted, consignors will be charged a $10 Rejection Fee from their settlement checks.
- Maternity Clothing (XS - XXL)
- Children Clothing (Newborn to Size 16yrs) (NO ADULT Clothing!)
- Shoes (to Big Kid Size 6 1/2) Limit up to 15 pair of boy shoes & 15 girl shoes
(No Exception to this rule, we are limited on space so bring your BEST!)
- Cribs *Only if they are manufactured after 7/23/10. If they are manufactured between 7/23/10 and 6/28/11 you must have the original copy of the manufacture's or retailer's CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE. Cribs dated after 6/28/11 must have the original manufactured date usually found on the mattress board.
See Crib Checklist (Completed Checklist MUST be presented with Crib at Drop Off, also cribs must be assembled at the venue [tools can be left in zip lock bag w/ ID# & name], and we do NOT sell used mattresses.)
New CPSC rules: Cribs with sides that drop down are not legal to sell, even if you have repaired the crib with the manufactured parts. Please check the CPSC Site for further information. NEW FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CRIBS
- Changing Tables (must be assembled at the venue)
- Toddler Beds
- Rocking Chairs
- Pack N Plays (must be assembled at the venue)
- Bassinets (must be assembled at the venue)
- Baby Equipment
- Breast Pumps ONLY NEW - Only Approved Closed System Pumps FDA Search
We do not resell used Breast Shields/Tubing/Nipples for bottles. Breast Pumps
do not sell well because a mother can get them for free.
- High Chairs
- Car Seats SEE GRACO RECENT RECALL GRACO Buckle Recall Check
GRACO 2014 RECALL / *Must be Manufactured within 5 years.
See Car Seat Checklist
See HOW TO DISPOSE OF UNUSABLE CAR SEATS
(Completed Checklist MUST be presented at time of Car Seat Drop Off)
- Strollers Recent Recalls
- Toys (batteries included)
- Books (printed after 1980)
- Video / Computer Games & Systems
- Bikes / Ride On Toys
- Outdoor Toys
- Train Tables / Activity Tables
- Anything KID or MOTHER related in very good condition (first see the UNACCEPTED ITEMS below).
- ANYTHING REQUIRING ASSEMBLY must be assembled at the venue. If you have unusual tools, you can leave them in a zip lock bag with your ID# / Name and they will be given back to you at the end of the event. (unless new in box, we don't open)
- ANYTHING REQUIRING BATTERIES must have working batteries to prove items work during drop off at the venue. The batteries are not returned, they are sold with the items. (unless new in box, we don't open)
NOT ACCEPTED ITEMS (There will be a FEE for rejected items at Drop Off)
- Anything stained, dirty, torn, broken, missing pieces, outdated or recalled
- Anything with pet hairs or piling
- Anything with a foul smell including smoke, must, damp/mildew, moth ball
- Underwear, Nipples or Teethers (unless NEW IN PACKAGING)
- Stuffed animals/toys (unless NEW IN PACKAGING)
- Battery Operated Toys without working batteries!
- VHS Tapes
- Sweat Shirts or Hoodies with Drawstrings! NO Drawstrings.
- Blinds or Shades for a child's room. Strings cause strangulation.
- BUMBO Chairs without a Bumbo Repair Kit
- Car Seats over 5 years old or without the KM CAR SEAT CHECKLIST.
- Cribs manufactured before 7/23/10, Cribs with Drop Down Sides or without the KM CRIB CHECKLIST.
- Mattresses (unless NEW send KID MANIA an Email)
- Bumper Pads (unless the NEW breathable kind)
- Non-FDA Approved Breast Pumps
- Recalled Items (see below) unless you have the recall kit to fix it!
- Items in Question send me an EMAIL
INSPECTION - Items are inspected at drop-off. If you have more than 10 items not accepted, consignors will be charged a $10 Rejection Fee from their settlement checks
Please do not be offended if we return items to you during the inspection process at drop off. It happens all the time where a few items get overlooked due to lighting or not understanding our rules. It's best a second set of eyes look things over, we just ask that you take the rejected items back home. KID MANIA is striving to make our sale full of QUALITY ITEMS so that our shoppers tell their friends and return each event.
Recalled Items are NOT ACCEPTED
(It is the Consignor Responsibility to verify)
It is the consignor's responsibility to check ALL of their items against recalls. You can either go directly to the CPSC Wesbsite to use our Search For Recall page from WeMakeItSafer to check toys, equipment, etc are safe!
By registering as a consignor via our online registration process, consignors must agree to our terms and verifying all items against recalls is one of our terms. New Laws are in place for Consignments & Resale Events. Fines Up to $100,000 to the Consignor, so please take this seriously.
LINKS TO VERIFY YOUR ITEMS ARE NOT RECALLED AND SAFE TO USE/SELL:
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (cpsc.gov)
- Reseller's Guide to Selling Safer Products
- SaferProducts.gov (saferproducts.gov)
- Recalls.gov (recalls.gov)
- Safercar.gov (safercar.gov)
- WeMakeItSafer.com (found on our website)
Please visit one of the links above or the popular Consumer Product Safety Commission to view a Company/Product for recalled items.
To the right of this page is a wonderful BADGE that you can easily sign up on their mailing list to receive emails for current recalls. You can select you only want to see CHILDREN recalls.
NEW: We have a WeMakeItSafer page on our website to Search For Recalls quickly. You can also see the button on our Facebook Page and you can click on the button to download on your Facebook page too!