Volunteer - Earn up to 80% & Shop Early!
We have simple job duties in 3 hour increments = 1 Work Shift. Work shifts are scheduled by logging into the electronic system and choose a specific day, time, duty that they wish to perform. Slots fill up fast!
- CONSIGNORS & "VOLUNTEERS ONLY" MUST PERFORM 1 WORK SHIFT IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE
- CHILDREN NOT PERMITTED AT THE SALE DURING YOUR WORK SHIFT
- VOLUNTEERS CANNOT SHOP or DROP OFF ITEMS DURING THEIR WORK SHIFT
PLEASE REFER TO THESE LINKS:
See WORK SHIFTS VIEW shows a schedule of our shifts available at this upcoming event.
See JOB DUTIES (1 Page) Look for a quick overview of the Work Shifts with basic duty descriptions.
See FULL JOB DESCRIPTIONS ALPHA ORDER Look for a FULL description of each shift in alpha order.
See FAMILY WORKER AGREEMENT Needed for Consignors who have family/friends helping them.
Consignor Work Shifts
Volunteering is mandatory at least 1 Work Shift. Log into your Consignor Homepage and under "Schedule a Work Shift" select an OPEN Shift. Shifts fill up fast, so only OPEN Shifts are available.
DISCOUNTS: For EACH 2 shifts you volunteer, you will receive a 5% discount from the consignor fee that is taken from your sales. (Earning up to 80% -maximum given). Family/Friends that volunteer under your ID# and their work shifts WILL BE COMBINED to get you to your discount.
EXAMPLE: 1 Work Shift (mandatory)= Presale Only, add another shift for 2 Work Shifts = 5%, 3 Work Shifts still 5%, 4 Shifts = 10% max allowed. FAMILY/FRIENDS CAN HELP: If you work 1 Shift and Family/Friend works 1 Shift this is 2 Work Shifts =5%. If you work 2 Shifts and your Family/Friend works 2 Shifts = 10%.
PRESALE PASSES: Presale Passes will be given out during Drop Off according to the number of Work Shifts (per person) scheduled. See Presale Information. Presale passes given out BY PERSON so if you and a family/friend help, they are NOT COMBINED for the Scheduled Presale Hours.
EXAMPLE: If you work 1 Shift and your Family/Friend works 1 Shift, then you both can attend the 7pm-8pm Presale.
FAMILY / FRIEND WORKERS: You can have a Family Member or Friend to work shifts for you to receive discounts! (However, you cannot sell their items under your consignor number per the Consignor Waiver and Agreement). Husbands work great as security, rack set up and tear down. Simply log into your Consignor Homepage to select a work shift for THEM and then send an email with your ID#, their relationship & full name, volunteer date, time and duty. The FAMILY/FRIEND WORKER AGREEMENT is for them to sign and you can bring with your during Drop Off.
RAFFLE: All Volunteers (including family/friends) receive 1 Raffle Ticket for each Work Shift they perform. We have a Raffle Table near our Vendors to try to win one of the many raffles!! (Vendors will contact you directly after the sale to let you know if you have won and to make arrangements to give you your prize.)
Volunteer (not Consignors) Work Shifts
If you don't have items to sell (AND are not volunteering for a consignor. Family/Friends log in under the consignor ID#); you would still like to attend the presale, you only need to volunteer at least 1 SHIFT = 3 hours that is physically at the sale. For 1 Work Shift you can attend the presale from 7pm-8pm. If you chose 2 SHIFTS you can attend the presale 6-8pm. See Presale Information.
Volunteers ONLY must click on the pink button below called "Register to Volunteer". This is your way to select an OPEN WORK SHIFT. This button is not for consignors and family/friends who work for them.
Presale Passes can be picked up 15 minutes prior to the appropriate presale time at the front desk.
When you register as a Volunteer Only it will ask you for a CONSIGNOR NUMBER and you will indicate "0" Zero unless if you were a past consignor that cannot sell this time. (Consignors and their family members who help them DO NOT register here, registration is completed on the Consignors Homepage). VOLUNTEERS ONLY CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SIGN UP FOR A SHIFT:
If you need to reschedule your volunteer times, log back in to edit. You will have until the cut-off time to reschedule. If an emergency come up, you need to contact KID MANIA via phone to find a replacement.
If you cancel after the cut-off date or don't contact KID MANIA you will be charged a "NO SHOW FEE" which is $10 for EACH HOUR taken from your settlement check AND/OR you will be removed from future Pre-Sale Events.
Volunteers (and a spouse) are the only people able to attend our presale. If you did not select a volunteer shift on line, you are not permitted to attend.
The presale is Thursday night 5pm-8pm before the Public Sale (See the SHOP Tab / Presale):
5pm - 6pm Premier Volunteer Presale (5+Shifts / PreSale Workers / Personal Assistants)
6pm - 8pm (2- 4) Shift Volunteer Presale
7pm - 8pm (1) Shift Volunteer Presale
YOU MUST HAVE A PRESALE PASS TO ENTER.
HUSBANDS ARE NEEDED! If both of you work 3 hours, you make the 6 hours required for your 5% consignor discount., or an immediate family member (not friend) can volunteer to get the 5% and they can attend the presale.
Volunteer Shifts PRIOR to the Event
If you cannot volunteer during the sale (FRIDAY - SUNDAY) we offer three other ways in which you can help:
- Hall & Racks Volunteer: This is a good for a husband. On Monday night the week of the event from 5pm-8pm, this volunteer will help set up the racks (tables already set). Take down is another shift on Sunday from 3pm - 6pm. You will be able to select this shift if OPEN when you login normally.
- Hall Prep Volunteer: On Tuesday during the day the week of the event from 12pm - 3pm, this volunteer will help set up signage, size dividers, staging the hall for the event. You will be able to select this shift if OPEN when you login normally. = 1 Work Shift.
- Publicity Volunteer: About 2 weeks before the sale we have you post FLYERS in BULK = 1 Work Shift. Monday after the sale, they need to be taken down (unless you handed them out.)
1. A minimum of 20 Flyers must be posted/handed out = 1 Shift / Max. Allowed is 1 Work Shift.
2. You must send an email to KM with your exact locations as confirmation.
3. Flyers are printed from our homepage; select any one that works for you.
- Tagging Service Volunteer: We offer this service to VIP CONSIGNORS who do not tag their own items. You will be responsible to enter their Inventory, Tag, and Prepare. This is done the weekend before the disable date and completed by the disable date to return to the VIP CONSIGNOR (so you MUST already be an organized person & have your items completed if you are a consignor). You will be provided the Card Stock, Tagging Gun, Hangers & Misc. Supplies. Tagging Service Volunteer = 2 Work Shifts per VIP Consignor. This Work Shift is only needed if we have VIP Consignors Register.