Volunteers ONLY get to shop the Presale
Consignors who Volunteer shop the Presale & Earn up to 80%!
We have simple job duties scheduled using 3 hour increments = 1 Work Shift.
Work shifts are scheduled by logging into the electronic system and choose a specific day, time, duty that they wish to perform. Slots fill up fast only OPEN SHIFTS are available. Keep checking back, volunteers can change their shifts often before the cut-off APRIL 29th.
- CONSIGNORS & "VOLUNTEERS ONLY" MUST PERFORM 1 WORK SHIFT TO JOIN
- CHILDREN ARE NOT PERMITTED AT THE SALE DURING YOUR WORK SHIFT
- VOLUNTEERS CANNOT SHOP or DROP OFF ITEMS DURING THEIR WORK SHIFT
- ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST SIGN IN & OUT AT THE EVENT TO EARN CREDIT
PLEASE REFER TO THESE LINKS:
See WORK SHIFTS VIEW shows a schedule of our shifts available at this upcoming event.
See JOB DUTIES (1 Page) Look for a quick overview of the Work Shifts with basic duty descriptions.
See FULL JOB DESCRIPTIONS ALPHA ORDER Look for a FULL description of each shift in alpha order.
See FAMILY WORKER AGREEMENT Needed for Consignors who have family/friends helping them.
Consignor Work Shifts
Volunteering is mandatory for Consignors, at least 1 Work Shift. Log into your Consignor Homepage and under "Schedule a Work Shift" select an OPEN Shift. Shifts fill up fast, so only OPEN Shifts are available.
DISCOUNTS: For EACH 2 shifts you volunteer, you will receive a 5% discount from the consignor fee that is taken from your sales. (Earning up to 80% -maximum given). Family/Friends that volunteer under your ID# and their work shifts WILL BE COMBINED to get you to your discount.
EXAMPLE: 1 Work Shift (mandatory)= Presale Only, add another shift for 2 Work Shifts = 5%, 3 Work Shifts still 5%, 4 Shifts = 10% max allowed. FAMILY/FRIENDS CAN HELP: If you work 1 Shift and Family/Friend works 1 Shift this is 2 Work Shifts =5%. If you work 2 Shifts and your Family/Friend works 2 Shifts = 10%.
PRESALE PASSES: Presale Passes will be given out during Drop Off according to the number of Work Shifts (per person) scheduled. See Presale Information. Presale passes given out BY PERSON so if you and a family/friend help, they are NOT COMBINED for the Scheduled Presale Hours (just discounts from your earnings). EXAMPLE: If you work 1 Shift and your Family/Friend works 1 Shift, then you both can attend the 7pm-8pm Presale.
FAMILY / FRIEND WORKERS: You can have a Family Member or Friend to work shifts for you to receive discounts! (However, you cannot sell their items under your consignor number per the Consignor Waiver and Agreement). Husbands work great as security, rack set up and tear down. Simply log into your Consignor Homepage to select a work shift for THEM. When they arrive to the event, they MUST SIGN IN and OUT NEXT TO YOUR NAME & ID# on the Worker Sign In Sheet to receive credit.
The FAMILY/FRIEND WORKER AGREEMENT is for them to sign. Print off and bring with you to give to the front desk when you DROP OFF your items.
HUSBANDS ARE NEEDED! If both of you work 3 hours, you make the 6 hours required for your 5% consignor discount., or an immediate family member (not friend) can volunteer to get the 5% and they can attend the presale.
Volunteer ONLY (not Consignors) Work Shifts
If you are Volunteering ONLY, (not a consignor or helping a consignor), you will register in the pink box below. You will be able to SHOP our PRESALE!
If you are a consignor, or volunteering for a consignor, you DO NOT sign up here, shifts are selected under the Consignor Login from their Homepage.
PRESALE: Volunteers ONLY, need to volunteer at least 1 SHIFT = 3 hours that is physically at the sale. For 1 Work Shift you can attend the presale from 7pm-8pm. If you chose 2 SHIFTS you can attend the presale 6-8pm. Failure to show will remove you from future events.
See Presale Information
Presale Passes can be picked up 15 minutes prior to the appropriate presale time at the front desk.
We have a check list of Volunteers to receive their passes.
When you register as a Volunteer ONLY it will ask you for a CONSIGNOR NUMBER and you will indicate "0" Zero unless if you were a past consignor that cannot sell this time. (Consignors and their family members who help them DO NOT register here, registration is completed on the Consignors Homepage). VOLUNTEERS ONLY CLICK THIS BUTTON TO SIGN UP FOR A WORK SHIFT(s):
If you need to reschedule your volunteer times, log back in to edit. You will have until the cut-off time to reschedule. During the event, in case of an emergency, you need to contact KID MANIA via phone to find a replacement. Please don't show up and not call, we need every volunteer!
IF YOU CANCEL AFTER THE CUT-OFF DATE OR DON'T SHOW UP FOR YOUR SHIFT:
-Consignors you will be FLAGGED & charged a "NO SHOW FEE" which is $10 for EACH HOUR taken
from your settlement check AND/OR you will be removed from future Presale Events.
-Volunteers you will be FLAGGED and removed from future Presale Events.
KID MANIA has YET to FIRE anyone or remove anyone from our events. But here are some great tips from Consignment Mommies with 5 ways NOT TO BE FIRED as a future Volunteer:
Volunteers (and a spouse/children) are the only people able to attend our presale. If you did not select a volunteer shift on line, you are not permitted to attend. YOU MUST HAVE A PASS TO ENTER!
The presale is Thursday night 5pm-8pm before the Public Sale (See the SHOP Tab / Presale):
5pm - 6pm Premier Volunteer Presale (5+Shifts / PreSale Workers / Personal Assistants)
6pm - 8pm (2- 4) Shift Volunteer Presale
7pm - 8pm (1) Shift Volunteer Presale
Volunteer Shifts PRIOR to the Event
If you cannot volunteer during the sale (FRIDAY - SUNDAY) we offer three other ways in which you can help:
- Hall & Racks Volunteer: This is a good for a husband. On Monday night the week of the event from 6pm-9pm, this volunteer will help set up the racks (tables already set). Take down is another shift on Sunday from 3pm - 6pm. You will be able to select this shift if OPEN when you login normally.
- Hall Prep Volunteer: On Tuesday during the day the week of the event from 12pm - 3pm, this volunteer will help set up signage, size dividers, staging the hall for the event. You will be able to select this shift if OPEN when you login normally. = 1 Work Shift.
- Inspector/Sorter: This is to help SET UP everyone's items in the hall. We inspect and then put out and prep before presale. We have day and evening shifts from Tuesday - Friday night.
- Tagging Service Volunteer: We offer this service to VIP CONSIGNORS who do not tag their own items. You will be responsible to Enter their Inventory, Tag and Prepare it. This is done the weekend before the disable date and completed by the disable date to return to the VIP CONSIGNOR (so you MUST already be an organized person & have your items completed if you are a consignor). You will be provided the Card Stock, Tagging Gun, Hangers & Misc. Supplies. Tagging Service Volunteer = 2 Work Shifts per VIP Consignor. This Work Shift is only needed if we a need & have VIP Consignors Register.
- Other Volunteer Shifts not listed may be created as NEW situations occur. We understand SPECIAL circumstances, especially disabilities, or other reasons.. Reach out to KID MANIA with your situation via EMAIL and let me know. Maybe you have a SKILL that could benefit KID MANIA?